settings for KDE4 applications

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 14:03:13 PDT 2013

Recently someone asked on the list "Where is KControl?"

https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2013-May/032726.html

It was determined that it doesn't exist for KDE4 applications installed via
macports, hence it is difficult to adjust settings, e.g. color schemes. I
want to share, though, that some control is available via files in

$HOME/Library/Preferences/KDE/share/config/

especially the file "kdeglobals". I have had some success adjusting fonts
and time format there:

[General]
font=Lucida Grande,14,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0

[Locale]
Country=us
Language=en_US
TimeFormat=%H:%M:%S

Also, it is possible to specify a timezone in ktimezonedrc:

[TimeZones]
LocalZone=America/Denver
ZoneinfoDir=/usr/share/zoneinfo
Zonetab=/usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab
ZonetabCache=

However, the ability to set colors eludes me. I have pasted in lines about
color from linux machines, and they seem to be ignored. If anyone knows
more, please post!

Jonathan