weirdness setting default perl version

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 11:24:03 PDT 2013

On Jun 27, 2013, at 11:18 AM, Jeremy Lavergne <jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org> wrote:

> The important point here is the difference between perl5 and perl5.XY.

Right, thanks. But I thought the following would do that

	$ sudo port activate perl5.14 @5.14.2_2

At least that is what I would expect from a DWIM perspective.

Anyway, I used Bradley's suggestion to activate and set as default Perl 5.16.1 (the latest official version, 5.18.0, doesn't seem to be on macports.org yet).