'No manual entry for port'

Sterling Smith smithsp at fusion.gat.com
Wed May 1 22:25:58 PDT 2013

Adam,

As per Lawrence Velázquez's email, you need to give the full path to port (/opt/local/bin/port) until you fix your shell's login files.

To modify your tcsh shell login files, type at the command line

open ~/.cshrc

On my 10.6.8 machine, this opens the ~/.cshrc file in TextEdit.  At the end of the file add the following lines

# This should have been automatically added when MacPorts was installed, but it wasn't, so I am adding it on May 1, 2013
setenv PATH /opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH

Then start a new xterm or terminal session to see if port is in your PATH.

-Sterling