Trouble using ssh-agent from macports

Mattias Lindgren mlindgren at gmail.com
Fri May 31 11:51:00 PDT 2013

Hello,

I am running 10.8 with OpenSSH_6.2p1, OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013

As I'm using ECDSA keys, I need to be able to use the ssh-agent from macports instead of the native OS X agent.  Following instructions I found online, I went into /System/Library/LaunchAgents/org.openbsd.ssh-agent.plist and changed the path from /usr/bin/ssh-agent to /opt/local/bin/ssh-agent.  I also did a chown root:wheel on /op/local/bin/ssh*

After this I restarted my computer and tried to ssh somewhere, but my terminal session just hung.  I edited the plist back to its original and after a reboot everything worked well again.  Can anyone help me get macport's ssh-agent up and running?

Regards,

Mattias