Setting up a new Mavericks machine

William Capehart wjcapehart at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 1 15:58:58 PDT 2013

The command line tools are now available as package from the download
section of developer.apple.com <http://developer.apple.com>

https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action

From:  Wes James <comptekki at gmail.com>
Date:  Friday, November 1, 2013 at 12:41 MDT
To:  Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
Cc:  MacPorts Users <macports-users at lists.macosforge.org>
Subject:  Re: Setting up a new Mavericks machine

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
wrote:

>>> ³xcode-select --install² or download the standalone installer from Apple
>>> Developer Connection. The Xcode application cannot do this for you
>> >
>> > Would you clarify? If I have downloaded and installed the latest CLT from
>> the ADC, running ³xcode-select --install² fails with a message that updates
>> are not available from the App Store. Is this normal behavior? (Xcode for
>> Mavericks was installed the same way.)
>
> Mavericks is new; I don¹t know what constitutes normal for it yet. I have also
> already installed the command line tools, using ³xcode-select --install². I
> just tried running ³xcode-select --install² again and it said ³Can¹t install
> the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update
> server.² I don¹t know if that should be read as ³you already have the latest
> version installed² or ³there is an error on our server, try again later².

I just tried this.  I got a popup to install it.  After installing it, I
tried it again and got the same message Ryan did about "Can't install the
software...."

-wes
macports-users at lists.macosforge.org