gnutar still missing after update (Mavericks)

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Fri Nov 29 05:52:44 PST 2013

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 01:02:57PM +0100, Jakob Richter wrote:
> unfortunately gnutar is still missing in /usr/bin/ (and everywhere
> else) after I installed MacPorts-2.2.1-10.9-Mavericks.pkg.

GNUtar isn't needed for MacPorts when you installed 2.2.1 for Mavericks.

> Xcode is already installed (xcode-select --install).

Apple has removed GNUtar for good – it's not available, not even in the
command line tools.

> What can I do? What do you need to know?

If MacPorts is still failing for you, please post a main.log of a failed
build. If you need gnutar for some other application, there's a port you
can install.

--
Clemens Lang