xulrunner +universal variant

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Oct 15 12:56:43 PDT 2013

On Oct 15, 2013, at 14:34, sarvi <sarvi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am having trouble install xulrunner. My install is +univesal
> xulrunner has a dependency on nss but this does not have a universal
> variant.
>
> I found
> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/23424
>
> which seems like it was fixed 18 months ago but I am still not able to
> install nss +universal

The resolution of ticket added -arch flag support to nss, but not a universal variant. Without a universal variant for nss, there cannot be one for ports like xulrunner that depend on nss.

I once looked into adding a universal variant to nss but gave up. The port needs to use different build flags for different architectures, which means it needs to use the muniversal portgroup. However it also overrides the build and destroot phases, which the muniversal portgroup does not support.

> Any suggestion on how I can get xulrunner working on my mac?

Install xulrunner without the universal variant.

sudo port install xulrunner -universal