Which python??

Bruce Johnson bruce.desertrat at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 18:48:30 PDT 2013

On Oct 19, 2013, at 6:02 PM, Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:

> On Oct 19, 2013, at 2:20 PM, Bruce Johnson <bruce.desertrat at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Check it:
>>
>> bruces-Mac-Pro:Dropbox johnson$ python -V
>> Python 2.7.2
>>
>> But it appears that it's still 2.72
>>
>> bruces-Mac-Pro:Dropbox johnson$ which python
>> /opt/local/bin/python
>
> Have you run "hash -r" or started a new shell to make sure that your command path cache isn't stale?

That appears to have been the issue, if I started a new terminal window, it came up correctly. In the terminal window I did the 'port install' in if I ran 'python' it came up in a 2.72 interpreter, in the new window it came up in 3.3.

Weird, I've never run into this little quirk before.

--
Bruce Johnson

"Wherever you go, there you are" B. Banzai,  PhD