port command & arguments

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 09:04:52 PDT 2014

On Friday April 11 2014 09:23:25 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> I’m grateful to René for suggesting possible improvements to MacPorts.

Thank you Ryan. That was exactly my intention (suggesting improvements, not your being grateful for it ;)). I'm perfectly able to add aliases to my .tcshrc and/or write shell or Python wrapper scripts to bend tools to my tastes. And that's maybe what I'd have done if the port command had not been written in a rather high level language that's supposed to be tailored to all kinds of parsing.
(BTW, seeing Tcl being used surprised and amused me, bringing back memories to days long gone when I hacked an editor called Point :) )