mariadb install failed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Aug 8 20:37:32 PDT 2014

On Aug 8, 2014, at 3:55 PM, James Rome wrote:

> On my Mavericks Mac Pro, I installed mariadb and mariadb-server. They seemed successful. But when i try to run the commands they suggest, I get:

As a side note, these are outdated versions of mariadb. The current stable version is available in the ports mariadb-10.0 and mariadb-10.0-server. The current development version is available in the ports mariadb-10.1 and mariadb-10.1-server. Consider using either of those instead of mariadb and mariadb-server.