Undo universal?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 10:54:24 PDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:

> >> What about:
> >>
> >> sudo port upgrade --enforce-variants OpenSceneGraph -universal
> >>
> >> - Josh
> >>

> > I believe that would just change OpenSceneGraph, not the 35 or so
> dependents.  Can anyone verify?
>
> Upgrade is a recursive procedure unless you use the -n option. But if it
> wasn't, you could add rdepof:OpenSceneGraph to the expression.

While it's recursive, a dependency being +universal is unlikely to break
the dependent when it's -universal so I would not expect it to do anything
by itself.

The rdepof would work but might then break other ports that need +universal
dependents. On the other hand, rev-upgrade should fix that (albeit with
some additional thrashing).