PHP55 Upgrade , PHPMyAdmin No Longer Works

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 07:25:31 PDT 2014

I have had a Macports LAMP running for a year now or so and just upgraded
to php 5.5. port to do some more development on my MBP. So I added the
openssl port as well as the necessary php55 ports (got some help from
http://blog.kicaj.com/installing-and-configuring-php-5-5-using-macports/ ) :

7541  sudo port install php55

 7547  sudo port select php php55

 7557  port search php | grep apache

 7571  sudo port install php55-apache2handler

 7592  sudo port install php5-openssl

 7593  sudo port install php55-openssl

 7605  sudo port search mbstring

 7606  sudo port install php55-mbstring

 7608  sudo port install php55-mysqli

 7609  sudo port search mysqli

 7610  sudo port install php55-mysql

PHP 5.5. is running:

php --version

PHP 5.5.15 (cli) (built: Jul 25 2014 13:17:32)

Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies

And I checked the ini from localhost and all good.
MySQL is OK and is still running:

mysql5 -u root -p

Enter password:

Your MySQL connection id is 348

Server version: 5.1.72-log Source distribution

But in phpmyadmin I now get this error:

#2002 Cannot log in to the MySQL server

I browsed some forums and tried a few rings like adding the path to the
mysql socket in the php 55 init, but I still cannot get phpmyadmin to work
again.

Any ideas?

--
*Jasper*