pdfTeX in texlive missing pdftex.fmt

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Thu Aug 28 18:39:35 PDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 08:22:52PM -0400, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
> On Aug 28, 2014, at 7:51 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What? It's about as "transient" as a .dylib; it's a compiled TeX "library". It ought to be generated when you build the port, installed with it, and kept around thereafter.
>
> Perhaps I misused that word. I do have a "pdftex.fmt" installed, but it's not registered to a port. This suggests that it is generated or moved into place after the destroot phase.

Specifically, fmt files are compiled in the post-activate phase of
texlive ports (and removed in post-deactivate). They need to be
regenerated whenever the installed languages change, so they can't be
directly associated with the port.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports                UW CSE                http://drkp.net/