You have a new notification from avijitshee88 at gmail.com. View?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Dec 1 00:18:35 PST 2014

On Dec 1, 2014, at 12:42 AM, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> When were spammers allowed on this list?

Certainly we don't want spammers on the list. That's why we require subscribing to the list before posting is allowed. As far as I know this has been successful in keeping spam away. This is the first I've heard of spam getting through.

I did not receive the spam to which you are replying; I guess my mail server's spam filter caught it.

For the moment I assume the subscribed individual is a real person interested in MacPorts -- they have sent real messages to the list before, e.g.

https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2013-July/033037.html

I assume that a spammer obtained their email address and their address book and is now spamming their contacts.