[KDE/Mac] Thoughts on standard directories in Qt5 - QStandardPaths

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 13:37:47 PST 2014

On Sunday December 07 2014 14:35:37 Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> So your solution to having two QT ports with two different maintainers is to add a third QT port with a third maintainer?

As Marko said, this could feed into and ultimately merge with the original ports.

For now, the only things I have changed are the install paths in the PortGroup definition file. If that's indeed all that's needed the merger would be very simple, possibly even based on a variant (or the original, mutually-exclusive set-up could go into a variant).
Or we might decide to go for subports, though the complexity of the Portfiles as they are seem to make that a recipe for endless annoyances.

R.