icon generation on OS X 10.6

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 06:55:21 PDT 2014

Anyone know where icon generation is handled in cmake-based ports? I whipped up a replacement for the iconutil command using png2icns. The command is picked up (if it's in /usr/bin ..) and icns files are generated, but they're not copied into the target appbundles, let alone installed as app icons.
Part of the missing/deactivated functionality may be in cmake as I found the string "copying OS X content" in the binary; this string is output on OS X 10.9 after iconutil terminates but not on OS X 10.6 . I didn't succeed in finding who/where/what searches for iconutil, however.

R.