texlive-bin-extra and texlive-latex-extra conflict?

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 6 02:10:43 PDT 2014

Upgraded outdated after not having done so for a few months (on Mavericks).  The following.

--->  Activating texlive-latex-extra @34239_0+doc
Error: org.macports.activate for port texlive-latex-extra returned: Image error: /opt/local/bin/ps4pdf is being used by the active texlive-bin-extra port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use 'port -f activate texlive-latex-extra' to force the activation.

I used -f but it seems odd that I should have had to do this.  I tried to find a bug report and failed.  I don’t know if I have something weird going on or my search skills stink.

Lenore Horner