Boost.Python and g++

Akim Demaille akim.demaille at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 04:29:14 PDT 2014

Hi all,

A long long time ago I had started discussing (well, complaining
might be more appropriate :-) about the fact that I could no
longer use g++ to compile my project, because Boost.Python was
compiled with clang++'s libc++.

Well, since then I managed to wrap a dirty script, g++-libc++,
which does the trick for me: it compiles with g++, but using
libc++.  It might be useful for some users.  Actually, maybe it
should be shipped with MacPorts' g++ (some distros provide similar
scripts to GNU/Linux to use clang++ on top of libstdc++).

Cheers.