Error installing gnu cash with xquartz: "libcanberra must be installed with +x11"

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 19:15:39 PDT 2014

Hi Guys,
I’m trying to install gnucash by following the instructions here:

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/MacPortsDetail

According to them, it gnucash needs to use xquartz, so that’s what I’m using.

However, after a long, long time, the installation stops with the message below. Isn’t it possible to install gnucash with xquartz anymore?

Thanks,
Gustavo.

--->  Fetching archive for gnome-settings-daemon
Error: org.macports.archivefetch for port gnome-settings-daemon returned: libcanberra must be installed with +x11.
Error: Failed to install gnome-settings-daemon
Please see the log file for port gnome-settings-daemon for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_gnome_gnome-settings-daemon/gnome-settings-daemon/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: yelp gnome-settings-daemon webkit-gtk3 yelp-xsl
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port gnucash failed