z88 Aurora

Adam Dershowitz Ph.D., P.E. dersh at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jun 9 16:37:02 PDT 2014

On Jun 9, 2014, at 7:27 PM, Adam Dershowitz Ph.D., P.E. <dersh at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> On Jun 9, 2014, at 7:09 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 7:06 PM, Adam Dershowitz Ph.D., P.E. <dersh at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>> /usr/local/lib/libpng12.0.dylib: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
>>
>> That's not from MacPorts. Where did you get it?
>>
>> --
>> brandon s allbery kf8nh                               sine nomine associates
>> allbery.b at gmail.com                                  ballbery at sinenomine.net
>> unix, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure, xmonad        http://sinenomine.net
>>
>> --
>> believed to be clean.
>

> I am not sure which install did that.  But, it has been there for a long time.
> Since z88 is searching for 1.2 anyway could that make a difference?  Might it find and use 1.6 if I dump that old libpng out?
>
> --

As I suspected, dumping that just changed the error message:

./aurorastartv2
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libpng12.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/adershowitz/z88aurorav2/bin/mac/./z88aurora
  Reason: image not found
./aurorastartv2: line 5: 20674 Trace/BPT trap: 5       z88aurora

Seems that as built, Z88 was linked against libpng12 and not 16.  So, it looks like the developers just used an older version of MacPorts to develop and release the library files, and then copied the key files over.  A bit ironic that they use MacPorts, but then make an installer that is not compatible with it.