Tried to upgrade php5 now completely messed up

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Thu Mar 6 14:40:11 PST 2014

On Mar 6, 2014, at 9:53 AM, Greg Gulik <greg at gulik.org> wrote:

> I tried to do a simple "port upgrade php5" since I was very behind and now I cannot get php working again.
> I uninstalled all php related packages, did a port clean all and now re-installing fails:
>
> # port install php5 +apache2
> --->  Computing dependencies for php5
> --->  Fetching archive for php5
> Warning: Your DNS servers incorrectly claim to know the address of nonexistent h
> osts. This may cause checksum mismatches for some ports.

You might read this:
http://trac.macports.org/ticket/39868#comment:9

> --->  Attempting to fetch php-5.3.28.tar.bz2 from http://jm.php.net/get/php-5.3.28.tar.bz2/from/this/mirror?dummy=

You might visit this fetch target in you web browser and check result:
http://jm.php.net/get/php-5.3.28.tar.bz2/from/this/mirror?dummy=

On my system there is no ip for jm.php.net:
$ dig +noall +short +time=2 jm.php.net
$ dig +noall +short +time=2 us1.php.net
php-mirror.nexcess.net.
208.69.120.58

You can try downloading the php5 distfiles from a different mirror:
$ sudo port clean --dist php5
$ sudo curl http://us1.php.net/distributions/php-5.3.28.tar.bz2 -o /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/php5/php-5.3.28.tar.bz2
$ sudo port -v checksum php5
$ sudo port install php5