kmail cannot send email : reason identified (?)

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sat Mar 22 08:41:57 PDT 2014

On 22 Mar 2014, at 16:37 , Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
> but could the 'ioslave' be a daemon that they're
> trying to start?  OS X won't permit that but
> Linux does.
Hmm, perhaps this is a good time to change over to KDE-DEVEL to clarify this issue.
I am not knowledgable enough to answer anything here, but on KDE-DEVEL there is Ian’s initiative to improve KDE on Mac and this might be a topic to bring up there as well.

(I’ve never tried to build kmail on the Mac, because I don’t want two programs to mess with my emails. Mail.app alone is troublesome enough on Mavericks these days.)