postfix build fails with clang error

Terry Barnum terry at digital-outpost.com
Sat Mar 22 22:43:02 PDT 2014

To close this up, Jeremy was very helpful (on a Saturday afternoon) in determining that an older version of clang/command line tools would successfully build postfix with variants.

Contrary to some postings I saw on the interwebs, deleting Xcode.app does not also remove the command line tools. Installing older command line tools from the Apple dev site did the trick.

I opened a ticket since someone will want to build postfix with variants using Xcode/clang 5.1.

-Terry