MacPorts Statistics (was Re: usage numbers for macports vs. homebrew?)

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Mon Mar 24 14:40:33 PDT 2014

Dear Clemens,

On 24 Mar 2014, at 18:09 , Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org> wrote:
> Apology accepted and thank you for your kind reaction.
I also thank you for your kind response in return.

I am happy that the issue can be considered resolved and that the discussion lead to improving mpstats' design.

Lets get going and use the tool for what it’s intended: helping port maintainers to focus their attention to the most-requested ports.

Thinking about that I get the idea that it could be cool to link mpstats with the issues existing on our trac.
One could let the tool create a list of open issues weighted according to all ports' install counts…

Greets,
Marko