No subject

Fri Mar 7 15:32:22 PST 2014

launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.pacemaker.plist<br=

/usr/libexec/pacemaker -d /var/db.local/pacemaker.drift -a 8 &amp;<br>
My hardware clock, when pacemaker is not running, according to the system n=
tp, is over -500. And with that error rate, ntp will not sync.<br>
So ... right now, I&#39;m trying to binary search, to find where the system=
 ntpd is happy. I tried -30, and the system ntpd was not happy (never went =
above 64 poll). But using the ports version of ntpd, it syncs happily (got =
 pacemaker drift of -29, my machine synched with a poll of 1024, and a calc=
ulated drift of -1.784. In comparison, the system NTPD in the same setup ca=
lculated a drift of over -315, and stepped the clock daily. Never getting p=
o create &quot;pacemaker&quot; instead of just changing what constant was a=
dded to the system time every hardware tick. That seems to be the best &quo=
t;low-power&quot; solution -- just change the existing addition. <br></div>=

--001a11c34438c1fe30050988a173--