rvm does not find Ruby installed with macports

Nathan Brazil nb at bitaxis.com
Thu May 8 07:18:02 PDT 2014

The recommended installation of rvm is per-user, which I presume is what you have.  However, this means it is installed under your home directory (under /Users/you/.rvm), along with all versions of Ruby you install using it.

By installing Ruby 2.1.1 using MacPorts, it would be located under /opt/local.  That is probably why rvm does cannot find it.

Hence, your best bet is to remove the MacPorts installation of Ruby and try to re-install it using rvm.