Different installed and downloaded MacPorts base versions

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Mon May 12 08:08:01 PDT 2014

Hi

today I installed 2.3.0rc1 (using the pkg) and when I issue the command

>  sudo port selfupdate

I get the following message

>  --->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
>  MacPorts base version 2.3.0 installed,
>  MacPorts base version 2.2.1 downloaded.
>  --->  Updating the ports tree
>  --->  MacPorts base is probably trunk or a release candidate

What does it mean that the installed and downloaded MacPorts base versions differ?
Which one is actually used?

Furthermore, the previous version of Pallet I had on my computer just crashes. So I tried to remove and recompile it. But it does not compile (I attach the log file), and I do not understand why.

 Roberto