Package open-cobol not working for me

Michael Peternell michael.peternell at gmx.at
Tue May 27 15:00:35 PDT 2014

Hi,

I installed the "open-cobol" package but when I try to compile a program with it, it does not work:

$ cobc hello.cob
clang: error: unknown argument: '-R/opt/local/lib' [-Wunused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future]
clang: note: this will be a hard error (cannot be downgraded to a warning) in the future

(hello.cob is from here: http://www.opencobol.org/modules/bwiki/index.php?cmd=read&page=UserManual%2F1 )

I have written a detailed report of the issue here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/open-cobol/discussion/help/thread/e1b4af35/

Is the open-cobol package working for anyone? If yes, what is different in your system configuration? If no, where can I file a bug report so that this package is fixed eventually?

Thanks,
Michael