Cannot get gimp app running

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 10:28:48 PDT 2014

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 1:24 PM, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:

> I'm still baffled, though.  Signal 11 is SIGSEGV?  That tells me "program
> bug".

Yes. Also not clear from this if it's the child of gimp that is segfaulting
or if the child had exec()ed launchtl by then (which would be an Apple
bug). But I'd be tempted to think it's the gimp, just because if it has
something like an X server connection open at fork() time, it has to be
very careful with it because it doesn't actually support forking. (In
particular, you can't XCloseDisplay() safely; just retrieve the file
descriptor and mark it as close-on-exec. If it has other fork-unsafe
resources open as well then it has to be even more careful.)