questions regarding selfupdate issue

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sat Nov 15 10:48:20 PST 2014

Hi,

----- On 15 Nov, 2014, at 18:03, René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com wrote:

> A priori I am never more than a single point release behind. When was the
> transition to v2.0.0 again?

Years ago, but this change wasn't in the transition to 2.0.0, but in the
2.2.1 -> 2.3.0 transition, which happened 6 months ago.

> On both my 10.6.8 host and the 10.9.4 VM I get:
> version|1.200
> created|1300272645
> portfiles_update_needed|1

I don't know where and how the created timestamp is set, but it's not what's
of interest here. The key is `portfiles_update_needed` being present and set
to one, which means the conversion didn't run or successfully finish on your
system. You will have to run it again, e.g. by running
 sudo port -df selfupdate.
If it fails again, you should at least see some error output.

--
Clemens Lang