/bin/sh: line 2: `BASH_FUNC_ttr%%': not a valid identifier

Barrie Stott zen146410 at zen.co.uk
Fri Oct 10 06:40:33 PDT 2014

On 10 Oct 2014, at 12:19, Mathias Laurin wrote:

>> Wouldn't the stopping of function export from MacPorts' bash be a big restriction on bash use. For example, I want to be able to type "mvim", with or without parameters, to open a MacVim window. At present, I get the error:
>> "/bin/sh: line 8: `BASH_FUNC_usenosql%%': not a valid identifier". Would not the prevention of function export prevent me from opening a MacVim window?
>

> What about setting the shebang in mvim to the version of bash
> you are actually using?
>
> Or maybe to:
>
> #!/usr/bin/env -i /bin/sh
>

> Mathias

I changed it from "#!/bin/sh" for Apple's bash to "#!/opt/local/bin/bash" to obey MacPorts' bash and it worked as it always used to. The slight fly in the ointment is that double-clicking on "/Applications/MacPorts/MacVim.app/" no longer opens up a MacVim window; I never used that until yesterday as a test anyway so I don't mind. Thank you.

Barrie.