Problem with $DISPLAY

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu Oct 16 22:41:49 PDT 2014

On Thu, 16 Oct 2014, Michael Crawford wrote:

> While the C programming language is defined to be case-sensitive, I
> don't think UNIX enforces that definition.  It depends on the filesystem
> - consider mounting an 8.3 FAT floppy.

If you're talking about C, it sure is case-sensitive.  If you're talking
about the Unix file-system, it's case-sensitive too, as is every Unix-like
system I've used for nearly 40 years.  The only exception is the Mac, and
it's a little late changing it after the installation with which it came.

As for the 8.3 FAT system, it's not a Unix file-system.

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU)
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html