mysql5 port upgrade failed

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at macports.org
Fri Oct 17 18:39:49 PDT 2014

You will need to uninstall or deactivate the version of
p5.16-dbd-mysql that you have installed now, probably with the -f
(force) option.

Then install p5.16-dbd-mysql with another variant selected.  Choices are:

$ port variants p5.16-dbd-mysql
p5.16-dbd-mysql has the variants:
    mariadb: build with mariadb port
      * conflicts with mysql4 mysql5 mysql51 mysql55 mysql56 percona
    mysql4: build with mysql4 port
      * conflicts with mariadb mysql5 mysql51 mysql55 mysql56 percona
[+]mysql5: build with mysql5 port
      * conflicts with mariadb mysql4 mysql51 mysql55 mysql56 percona
    mysql51: build with mysql51 port
      * conflicts with mariadb mysql4 mysql5 mysql55 mysql56 percona
    mysql55: build with mysql55 port
      * conflicts with mariadb mysql4 mysql5 mysql51 mysql56 percona
    mysql56: build with mysql56 port
      * conflicts with mariadb mysql4 mysql5 mysql51 mysql55 percona
    percona: build with percona port
      * conflicts with mariadb mysql4 mysql5 mysql51 mysql55 mysql56
    universal: Build for multiple architectures

Eg:

$ sudo port install p5.16-dbd-mysql +mariadb

to get MariaDB (v5.5).  There currently is not a variant for MariaDB
v10.0 (such as Ryan recommended).

Craig