Yosemite upgrade

Fisher, Jay L. jay.fisher at swri.org
Sat Oct 18 12:47:56 PDT 2014

One warning.  I just installed Yosemite, then tried to follow the macports instructions on migrating.  As part of the instructions on the page, it says to save your installed ports and then uninstall the ports.  However, after upgrading, my port command doesn’t work - it only complains that the current platform darwin 14 doesn’t match the expected platform darwin 13.  So unless you know a way around this, it looks like we need to do a completely new installation manually of our ports, and won’t be able to use the migration instructions to restore ports.

Jay