XCode Command line tools not detected?

David Nicholls david.nicholls at anu.edu.au
Sat Oct 18 16:56:55 PDT 2014

Yes, of course.  My question was how Macports detects whether the tools are installed, and whether it detects them if the tools are part of the Xcode.app (if they are).

If the tools are not installed, then some ports won't build.  If all ports build, the tools are installed.  If the "tools are missing" message comes up, but ports still build, doesn't this indicate a problem in the detection process?

I had the previous Xcode (6.0.1) and tools installed on the MBPro before upgrading to Yosemite.  It might be that Macports used the old tools to build with, but detected that the new tool set were not installed.

The dmg for Yosemite was uploaded after I had compiled Macports from scratch.