Yosemite upgrade

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 18 17:06:19 PDT 2014

On Oct 18, 2014, at 2:07 PM, Comer Duncan wrote:

> Yesterday I installed Yosemite but have not yet done either selfupdate or upgrade outdated.  Before I do that I am wondering whether there are any recommendations as to whether it is too early to upgrade since perhaps macports code developers need some time to get essentials ready for such?  I sort of expect that the macports developers and maintainers had access to Yosemite earlier than those who waited for the official release to be made available, so maybe I don't need to be timid about proceding. What do you guys think?

Be aware that cmake, which is a build dependency of many ports, requires Xcode 6.1 on Yosemite, which Apple has not yet fully released. Some ADC members may see it in their downloads page, but apparently not all; if you're not one of the lucky ones, you'll have to wait, or track down one of the Xcode 6.1 (or 6.0) pre-releases; they contain the 10.10 SDK that cmake needs. (The final 6.0.1 release does not.)