"Updating database of binaries" step very slow under Yosemite?

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Wed Oct 22 08:01:14 PDT 2014

Perhaps we can better judge the time spent scanning binaries if we had a final count indicating how many were scanned.

I suspect that sometimes, such as when a build fails, all the successfully installed dependents have not been scanned. Only once a successful build occurs do all "new" binaries get added, right?