Simple Question, Invalid Link

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 16:43:27 PDT 2014

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 7:38 PM, Jerry Zhang <jerryzh168 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to install “apt” using macport, but it turns out that I cannot
> access the address

I would ask why? You do know that you can't use it to install Linux
software?

> "http://distfiles.ams.nl.eu.finkmirrors.net/“, which leads to the problem:

I get a DNS error (NXDOMAIN) from gDNS. My guess is you're using a broken
DNS which responds to failed DNS lookups with a redirection to a search
engine.

> The non-matching file appears to be HTML. See this page for possible
> reasons
> for the checksum mismatch:
> <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/MisbehavingServers>

You should probably have paid attention to this part of the error message.