Fwd: octave 3.8.2 crashes if you have Mac OS X 10.9.5

Kspaei spaei127 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 06:34:06 PDT 2014

Dear all,

I have Mac OS X 10.9.5 and I installed octave 3.8.2.

When I type "exit" from octave, however, I see the following:

octave:1> exit
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type
octave_interrupt_exception
panic: Abort trap: 6 -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to 'octave-workspace'...
warning: unable to open 'octave-workspace' for writing...
Abort trap: 6

I read on the internet that this problem seems to be due to a mixing
between compilers, but I do not think there is a solution yet.

Furthermore, while using octave I also see:

libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type std::bad_cast:
std::bad_cast
panic: Abort trap: 6 -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to 'octave-workspace'...
warning: unable to open 'octave-workspace' for writing...
Abort trap: 6

I appreciate any help and hints you might provide.

Thanks a lot in advance!