MacPorts not working on 10.10.3

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 19 18:14:30 PDT 2015

On Apr 19, 2015, at 5:54 PM, Brad Allison wrote:

> I just did a fresh install of MacPorts (downloaded from the website), and tried to install my first package and this is the error I get:
>
> bash-3.2$ sudo /opt/local/bin/port install ircii
> --->  Computing dependencies for ircii
> --->  Cleaning ircii

This indicates that ircii was already successfully installed before you even ran the "sudo port install ircii" command.

> --->  Updating database of binaries
> --->  Scanning binaries for linking errors

After every install or upgrade, MacPorts scans all installed ports for errors.

> --->  Found 17 broken file(s), matching files to ports

17 ports with errors were found during the scan. MacPorts will now try to rebuild them.

> Warning: No port eggdbus found in the index; can't rebuild
> Warning: No port gst-plugins-base found in the index; can't rebuild
> Warning: No port gstreamer found in the index; can't rebuild

These 3 ports that you have installed were not found in the ports collection. In fact they were deleted from the collection some time ago. I don't remember what happened to eggdbus. The gstreamer and gst-plugins ports were split into ports for version 0.10.x and 1.x. You can uninstall these ports.

> --->  Found 2 broken port(s), determining rebuild order
> --->  Rebuilding in order
>      nmap @5.51
>      wget @1.13.4 +ssl

These 2 installed ports seem to be broken.

> --->  Configuring libpcap
> Error: org.macports.configure for port libpcap returned: configure failure: command execution failed
> Please see the log file for port libpcap for details:
>     /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_net_libpcap/libpcap/main.log

The configure phase failed. The log file might tell us why.