"/opt/local/bin/average": conflict between packages 'num-utils' and 'argyll'

Kurt Pfeifle kurt.pfeifle at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 14 04:36:32 PDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 5:37 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2015, at 4:07 PM, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
>
> > If I’m not mistaken, the two ports for argyll and num-utils both install
> a file /opt/local/bin/average an are therefore conflicting. Both average
> commands do very different things, BTW.
> >
> > Should I open a ticket?
>
> Yes,

Done. https://trac.macports.org/ticket/48571

the two ports will need to be marked as conflicting with one another.

Dunno how to do that.

The developers of both projects should also be notified of this conflict

port info argyll num-utils reports as email address for both:
nomaintainer at macports.org.

so that they can decide if and how they wish to resolve it.

Cheers, Kurt
​