Help with a port

- dandunfee at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 04:57:43 PDT 2015

I'm fairely new to macports and have a question about the port of lynx the
browser.  I don't know if this is the place to enquire or if there is
perhaps someone who deals with the lynx port I should be asking.

There are two issues.  First there is a function available in lynx that
needs to be compiled in to work but isn't in the version from macports.
In short it is the ability to send commands external to lynx such as
another program or to the command line.  If one tries it a message appears
saying this function needs to be compiled in, which the info in lynx.cfg
confirms.

Second, frequently lynx unloads with a "signal 11" error message.  This
happens most often first thing each day with the first attempt to access
an url on the internet.  Suddenly one is dumped back to the command line
with the above message.

Any help welcome, or a pointer to where it might be addressed more
specific to the lynx port individuals.

Thanks.