/opt/local/macports/software

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jan 19 15:25:03 PST 2015

On Jan 19, 2015, at 9:49 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

>>> Similarly, is there a way to disable the storing of the source files in
>>> …/distfiles?
>>
>> No [...]
>
> Are there side-effects to cleaning out that directory manually, other than re-downloading when needed?

It's largely fine. My housekeeping script (available in the repository) removes old distfiles. "port reclaim" should as well, IIUC.

If you have any unclean ports where you have completed the fetch phase but have not completed the extract phase, the extract phase will fail because it cannot find the distfile. The solution would be to clean the port and try again.