CarbonHeaders obsolete: uninstall dependencies

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Mon Jan 19 17:22:06 PST 2015

On Jan 19, 2015, at 5:47 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I somehow missed this obsolescence...
> Why exactly have the CarbonHeaders gone obsolete

Because ports should be using the headers provided by the host.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/42500#comment:6
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/46521#comment:4

> what does removal mean for code that includes AvailabilityMacros.h? I've made a number of patches to KDE4 that rely on that header, and KDE uses Carbon itself.

I might be mistaken, but you should probably be using the system's Kernel framework header instead of AvailabilityMacros.h directly.

Or use Xcode's headers.

vq