installing R with tcltk

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 17:39:50 PDT 2015

I'd like to use the "Rcmdr" GUI with R but it requires tclk. I tried to install "R" with the +tcltk variant but received this error message:

--->  Computing dependencies for R
--->  Fetching archive for R
Error: org.macports.archivefetch for port R returned: tk must be installed with +x11.
Please see the log file for port R for details:

I believe "tk" installs with quartz by default (and is preferred). Is this a limitation of the "R" port? BTW R version 3.2 is already released and the port should be updated.

Mark