port migration

Fielding, Eric J (329A) eric.j.fielding at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 3 09:04:45 PST 2015

Thanks, again. Yes, my old Mac Pro is old enough to have a Firewire port, but of course my new computer (iMac 5K) does not. I would have to get a Firewire to Thunderbolt cable. Anyway, I was able to run my old computer to extract the installed and requested port list, move the files with a USB stick, and do the reinstallation without problems (except for virtualbox that does not yet run on Yosemite) late yesterday.

++Eric