Opening X applications from terminal.app

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed May 27 19:53:19 PDT 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 10:48 PM, Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I’m not sure I understand that… What I’m trying to do seems the exact
> opposite: I *want* XQuartz to autostart when I call an X port from the
> Terminal.app, but it is not auto starting.
>
> Do you suggest I should uninstall then reinstall XQuartz?

I am saying you do the first part just to clear the existing autostart
stuff that isn't working. Then, reinstalling (you don't need to uninstall
first) the one you want to autostart will reinstall just its autostart
stuff.

If you specifically want MacPorts' xorg to autostart, then this is

    sudo port deactivate xinit; sudo port activate xinit