No SVG support in py27-pyqt5 even though qt5-qtsvg is installed

Joost Ellerbroek j.ellerbroek at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 11:29:49 PST 2015

Dear all,

After upgrading to El Capitan (fresh install), a python application that I am developing, which uses pyqt5, doesn’t support SVG images anymore. I do see qt5-qtsvg as an installed package though. My svg-based icons stay blank, and when I print the result from QImageReader.supportedImageFormats(), svg is not there. Previously this was working (running Yosemite on the same computer). Could this be a bug, or am I missing something?

Thanks!