Trace/BPT trap: 5 on Mac OS 10.9.2 Mavericks

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 10 07:43:40 PDT 2015

On Oct 10, 2015, at 9:41 AM, mcaballe at brera.inaf.it wrote:

> the problem it looks like that I am not able to install cfitsio libraries
> in the /opt/local/lib/:
>
> Ms-MacBook-Air:~ mcaballe$ sudo port install cfitsio
> --->  Cleaning cfitsio

That tells us cfitsio is already installed

> --->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
> Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/lib/libcfitsio.dylib: Error opening
> or reading file

but one of its files, /opt/local/lib/libcfitsio.dylib, cannot be opened. Why is that? What do you get when you run some commands to look at the file, such as:

ls -l /opt/local/lib/libcfitsio.dylib
otool -L /opt/local/lib/libcfitsio.dylib
lipo -info /opt/local/lib/libcfitsio.dylib