Why was guile18 attempted when I told it not to?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 14:11:33 PDT 2015

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 5:08 PM, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:

>     --->  Updating database of binaries
>     --->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
>     --->  Found 1 broken file(s), matching files to ports
>     --->  Found 1 broken port(s), determining rebuild order
>     --->  Rebuilding in order
>          guile18 @1.8.8

Yes, that would be revupgrade detecting that something was broken and
triggering an automatic rebuild. Take a look at "revupgrade_mode" in
/opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf. (If it's not in there, then look at
macports.conf.default in the same directory, and while you're at it compare
it to your existing macports.conf and add any settings missing from that.)